Moonlighter

I was recommended this game by a friend and it took about 15 minutes before I had purchased it. I streamed most of my 18 hours playing it and completed the game last night.

First of all I love the soundtrack for the game and it just keeps improving as you progress! It's catchy music as well and I found myself humming the music when you're at home this morning!

The monsters themselves all have their own combat style and method to fight them. Some are similar to others but I find myself having to dodge and fight in different ways to counter each monster, a combination of different ones results in the room of the dungeon becoming very challenging and at no point does the game seem too easy or too hard but enough to feel I'm challenged but also that it's possible to get through it.

My biggest advice is always play safe! Travel back home to store your loot to sell on another day, be patient and don't think you can do just 1 more room unless you're prepared for it! There's no hurry or rush and to explore dungeons is a big part of the game otherwise you're just going to end up frustrating yourself further by being impatient. That's what I did and it wasn't worth it each time I took a risk but I enjoy and appreciate that the game could teach me that and I can pass that advice onwards!

The game reminds me of Recettear with Binding of Isaac and a touch of Zelda to it and those are all good things, the right amount from each and mixed in a pot to create this wonderful game!

The game may seem short but it finishes at the right point before it may start getting tedious and repetitive. Extra features and things to buy and do would be my preference as I enjoy the dungeon fighting and the boss fights but I'd like to see more town improvements and perks to buy with the money I enjoy earning.

When you need to sell your loot to customers I find it refreshing as it feels like a mini game and it's rewarding to make money from the various items you bring back with you and finding out the prices for those items and learning how rare some of them are by their value!

I also love the way the wish list works with the items as I am terrible for keeping track of what I need to make certain items I want but in this it's clear and simple!

One last thing and that's the script in the game and characters. I enjoy what they say and I enjoy that I don't need to go through the whole town speaking to everyone. I just want to get on with the game itself with the odd exception and it's perfect for that! Though that's definitely something biased from me.

Comments